Welcome to my blog. It is my sincere prayer that these entries will encourage you and enable you to see how valuable you are to Jesus who is the ultimate Jewel. As children of the One True King we have been given riches that supersede our wildest imaginations! Every truth revealed to us through God's Word is more precious than the most fine and rare of gemstones. Blessings to each of you...
Much love,
Julie

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I Give Thee Thanks



                            When I ponder the magnificence of who You are,
                             It gives me pause and stirs within a deep reflection.
                            Your goodness exceeds the depth of my comprehension,
                            And surpasses all knowledge regarding Your perfection.


                            Beautiful both in who You are and in what You do,
                            Exalted above all things Your hands have created;
                            Enthroned and elevated o'er the heavens and the earth,
                            Encircled by a myriad of angels - captivated.


                            When I ponder the things on the Cross You accomplished,
                            Motivated solely by Your all-consuming love;
                            You removed sin, guilt, God's wrath, and alienation,
                            While You extended grace, becoming my Beloved.


                            You also freed me from curses and captivity,
                            Defeating every foe and abominable power.
                            You died in my place, lifted me up, gave me favor,
                            So that in Your Name wicked oppressors would cower.


                            When I ponder how important You are to me,
                            And all You have sacrificed that I might live with You,
                            There are no amount of words, or songs, or praise
                            That could adequately convey my gratitude.


                            Your presence in my life and fellowshipping with You,
                            Is more meaningful than anything this world has to offer,
                            Worshipping You in reverence and awe brings a light to my soul
                            And a faith that could literally walk on the water.


                            When I ponder the incalculable number of blessings
                            You have graciously and generously poured out to me,
                            I am eternally grateful and beholden to You,
                            Filled with appreciation that wells up immeasurably.


                           You have blessed me with every spiritual blessing,
                           And continue to bless my life in numberless ways;
                           From the very moment I awaken each morning,
                           Til the second I close my eyes at night- offering praise.


                            When I ponder all of this and remember how great Thou art,
                             I realize that there is none other to be found in Your ranks.
                             You are the One who is worthy and holy and honorable;
                             Deserving of adoration- Oh God, I give Thee thanks!



                 "Greater love has no one than this, than He lay down His life for His friends."
                                                                 John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment